Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Rat In Me Confesses

I admit it. I love to camp. More so, I love to go to the desert and get away from life for a couple days and just be. Not have to worry about any of the bullturd drama waiting for me back at home. No work. No cats. No boss. I get to just be. I love it. Due to my love and my willingness to go whenever the opportunity presents itself I have been called a "desert rat". That it fine. I don't mind. I might even secretly truly enjoy being one. And? Well. Proof for the pudding is that last weekend I went to Glamis... in the rain... tent in tow. (Okay, so I didn't sleep in 'my' tent but I did sleep in a tent) I was invited. I had never been. Goes along with the whole try something new, get out there, live life thing. So I went. And I must say... I really had an amazing time. I went with a different crowd and I was nervous cause I get taken care of in my other group but this group, this new Glamis group, I really enjoyed. It was the some old story of hanging out in the desert... riding during the day, campfire at night, the drinking, the firebombs, everything was the same old recipe but the outcome was totally different. I enjoyed the smaller crew. I enjoyed the other tents. I enjoyed that it was all a completely new experience even though it was in the shell of something very familiar. I liked that even though I wasn't close with most of the people out with us, I was in no way scared to be myself. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if nobody liked that crazy drunk b who was quick with a sarcastic remake, but all in all, I had fun. Thank you Dave and Mindy Stubblefield for dragging me out there and not letting me back out. Thank you Kater Nater for being my partner in crime, my date, and sleeping in the other room even though it was cold enough to cuddle under the six inches of feathers I truly hate to pack. Thank you Michelle and Brayden Stubblefield for the porch. Thanks to Michelle and Kate for the a mean couple games of uno. Thanks Brayden for letting me make fun of you. Thanks to Matt for being the shoulders rule guy who kept us all in check, and thanks for the new game I get to play!! Thank you everybody for a really fun weekend!!
Love, K

No comments:

Post a Comment