Wednesday, April 8, 2009

moving forward

Okay, so there is a lot that has changed!! Like, I am a college student. Now, don't feel left out if you know nothing about this... it has all happened VERY quickly. A little over a week ago, my mom mentioned to me that maybe I should figure out my life and decide what I wanna be when I "grow up" and that if I wanted to do something that would mean that I had to go to school, now is the time. SO... I thought about it and I had Freud on the look out for a job for me cause what I got ain't going to cut it anymore and she wrote me and was like what kind of job do you want?? You like to bake... wanna go to like cooking school or something? And that made me go hmmm... so I went on-line and did a little research and signed up to have a couple places send me some info. Two days later, I got a call from an admissions guy named Baris from the Art Institute. He asked if I wanted to come and tour the campus and learn more about the program. So, I thought, hmm, touring the campus couldn't hurt... too much... so I went. Next thing I knew I was filling out an application and then getting accepted and then filling out financial aide and getting that and then planning my course load... CRAZY!!! So that was last Thursday. Thursday night I left for the desert. Came back on Sunday, went to school on Monday for another meeting with Baris. Got my supply kit, got my id badge, my schedule and my uniforms! So today, Wednesday was my first class. It was fun. I enjoyed it. A little scared for my classes tomorrow and Friday and Saturday because they are in the kitchen... eek!!! So yeah, I am officially a student at the International Culinary School at the Art Institute. I am going to get a degree and have a career! WOO HOO!! I am so excited!! I never felt I had any direction in life, that I was always just kinda along for the ride... but now... now I am excited to wake up in the morning to move along into the future. A future that I know that I will be okay. A future that I know I will like. A future that I know I will have.
If you go back to the beginning of my blog, you will read that I was so sure that 2009 was going to be my year. It started with an amazing new years and things just seemed happy, things just seemed to happen. Then, when Dad died, I thought 2009 was going to turn out just like the last 24... but now, I don't think that 2009 will be so bad. While I will be the first to admit that it took a major blow, I still have hope that I can rise up. Maybe it won't be so bad. God has it all planned out and maybe he and my dad have something cooking upstairs that will truly make not just 2009 but the rest of my years to come, better than I could have ever dreamed. I know that I have a lot of people on my side, supporting me and pushing for me to be great. And I can only hope that I will be. I hope I can rise to the challenge and be the person my dad always hoped I would be. I hope I do him proud. Only time will tell... until next time...
Love, K

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! i am so super stoked for you miss kayla! we will have to celebrate upon my return :)

    ReplyDelete