Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Winding Roads Lead to Wind

So, as I mentioned, I went to the desert this past weekend. It was rumored to be the last trip of the season, but really, who knows. I went out Thursday night, because I could. It was terrible windy, but we made the best of it. I was ready and willing to sleep in the back of the truck but Aunt Shelly said I was sleeping in the trailer so I did... inside the trailer it is warm and not windy with a door and a bathroom.. WOO HOO!! So night one = terrible windy, not cold, horribly windy... slept okay in the trailer except that my bed mate, who I love dearly with all my heart, snored a bit, got over that real quick and rolled over and went to sleep. Day One. Friday = TERRIBLY WINDY! but... we put on our goggles and made the best out of the situation. Turned an easy up into a fun parachuting game, but had to stop cause Bear got hurt. Little bit of a concussion but all in all she is good now, at least, that is the last I have heard. So then, the boys were going to go on a small ride I guys but guess what... Jimi fell. Crashed due to wind. Surgery was done, I was not there, but I was asked for an assist at the end. Jimi lives on to ride another day. Night Two = not as windy. New friends showed up. Carne Asada and Pollo Asada is yummy. Slept WAY good!! On the Aerobed! Woot Woot!! Day Three = like no wind!! Cold in the shade. Hot in the sun. Sunburn if you are not careful. No wind for the parachuting games, made for a sad KP. ummm.. yeah... Night Three = Pot luck that I never eat at. Got in trouble for not being a party animal. Went to bed. Interesting evening in the trailer!! Lot of talking, confusion, and Jack in The Box. Day Four = beautiful weather. Packed up and went home. Did laundry. Put everything away. slept real good!!!
And that, my friends was my weekend... you are welcome!!
Love, K

No comments:

Post a Comment